Founded in 1997, GMX is the subsidiary of the United Internet AG, a stock listed company in Germany. Its sister companies include 1&1 Internet and Fasthosts Internet. Each GMX account comes with a mail collector, address book, organizer, file storage and of course the email address. Each and every user can easily register around 10 individual GMX email addresses. Whether a user is using premium service or not, he/she is greeted by pop up ads at login. Currently, it is the only large email provider supporting pop up ads. It has more than 11 million active users across the world.
What is GMX full form?
GMX stands for Global Mail eXchange. The users can access GMX mailbox via webmail or even through POP3 and IMAP4 protocols. With GMX, individual users, small and mid-sized businesses and professional get an opportunity to roll out easy communication. New features are being added constantly to this service keeping convenience and safety in mind. Features like GMX Mail collector lets the users to easily host third-party inboxes into their GMX account. GMX Organizer, Cloud and integrated address book keeps all your meetings and appointments organized and on the track.
The security of GMX users’ accounts is always a top priority. The advanced virus protection in place scans emails and attachments for all types of malware, both inbound and outbound. It locates viruses, worms and Trojans, even in compressed file formats for your safety. GMX mailboxes are also protected from spam with seven anti-spam modules, resulting in 98% less unwanted mail.
GMX takes care about your security and protects you against Spam & Viruses. GMX helps you filter Spam & Viruses before they reach your mailbox.
GMX Mobile Access
GMX provides its users multiple avenues to stay connected and up to date with their emailing needs. Customers can import their address book, organize appointments and continue to manage everything all within the palm of their hand. The GMX Mobile app, accessible on Android and iOS devices, provides all the convenience of your GMX account from your desktop without the need to be chained to your computer, giving users the freedom to go out to lunch or run errands without the fear of missing important correspondence.
GMX Facts and Figures
GMX is a branch of United Internet AG, a listed company with a market cap of $5 billion. GMX is one of the world’s most successful email providers, guaranteeing optimum performance. United Internet’s high-speed data centers manage more than 11 million domains.
The United Internet Group was founded in 1988 and together with its sister companies, 1&1 Internet and Fasthosts, offers the largest web hosting services across the globe. The Group’s data centers set extremely high standards in excellence worldwide with 70,000 hosted servers and handles over 5 billion emails a month. More than 6,250 employees at locations in the United States, Europe, and Asia are working hard each and every day to ensure the safety and ease for the GMX user, maintaining more than 20 million active email accounts.
GMX Mail SMTP Settings
- Server Address: gmx.com
- Username: Your GMX Mail email address (email@example.com)
- Password: Your GMX Mail password
- Port Number: 25 (No TLS/SSL required)
- Alternative Port Number: 465 (With SSL)
- Authentication: Required
Search for emails, files, appointments & much more
GMX Search allows you to find anything within your GMX account quickly and easily. No more endless trawling through your email storage or cloud to unearth that document you need – just tap the name or a keyword into the search bar located in the top right-hand corner of your screen and access it directly. If that’s not enough, you can also search in Google directly from this feature!
Ways to boost your GMX email account
- Email Storage: No need to worry about storage space. Get 65GB worth of email storage – that’s 500,000 emails.
- Attachments: Other providers limit their users, but we let ours send large files up to 50MB in size.
- Alias Address: Create up to 10 alias addresses any time and coordinate them from one central mailbox.
- Mailcheck: Install the MailCheck browser extension on Firefox or Chrome to make sure you never miss an email.
- Mail Collector: Organize all your email accounts – even from other providers – into one location with the GMX Mail Collector.
- FIlter Rules: Create your own filter rules or use the GMX templates already provided to manage your inbox.
What else you Get with GMX Mail?
- Cloud: Get extra storage space for your files and photos with the secure GMX Cloud.
- Contacts: Forget writing down email addresses – save contact details with our Contacts feature.
- Online Office: Use Online Office to create and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files anywhere, from any device.
- Organizer: Keep track of your life with reminders and the option to create appointments with our online calendar.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I create a free new email account with GMX?
A GMX email account is easy and stress-free to set up! Follow these seven steps and start benefitting from all the great services GMX has to offer.
- Click on ‘create an account’ located in the top right-hand corner of the menu bar.
- Enter a GMX email address of your choosing. Click ‘check’ to find out if your desired email address is available. GMX will provide you with alternatives if the email address you would prefer is already taken.
- Enter your gender, name, country, state, and date of birth.
- Choose a complex password. It should contain at least eight characters, one uppercase and lowercase letter, a symbol, and a number. The GMX password bar will turn green if your selected password is deemed secure enough.
- Pick a backup recovery option by including your mobile phone number and/or a secondary email address. These are used in order to reset your password in the event you forget it. Your details remain secure and will only be used for password recovery.
- Prove you’re not a robot by entering the Google security captcha form.
- Read the terms and conditions and select ‘agree’. Then you’re finished!
How can I format my emails?
Stop writing boring emails and start using formatting options like different fonts and colors, as well as fun emojis. Use the ‘more’ option next to the emojis to see even further possibilities. ‘GMX Stationery’ also lets you create a customized e-card with designated space to insert your own picture and text.
How can I sort my emails?
Create your own folders and filter rules to ensure that emails from certain senders will end up in a designated folder. This also works with particular email subjects. It’s also possible to drag and drop emails into the folders you’ve created. Mark important emails or messages you want to edit at a later point by clicking the yellow star and marking it as a ‘favorite’. Learn how to manage folders.
How can I encrypt my emails?
You can encrypt any email to ensure that only the person(s) you allow to can see the message. This service works for anyone across the world. The content and attachments of the email will be converted to unreadable letters and characters, and only the person with the decryption key will be able to see the intended message. Discover more about email encryption.
How can I secure my mailbox?
After you create a free new email account with GMX, you’ll instantly have access to our high-security standards. This means spam filter, scanning for viruses and malware, and data secured only in Europe according to European data protection standards. On our info pages about security, you’ll find several hints on how to create a secure password, and protect yourself against spammers, hackers and phishing emails.
What is a webmail service and what are the advantages?
Webmail lets you access your email account from any internet-enabled device, such as computers or mobile phones, without a mail client program installed. This is something important to consider, especially if you are a busy person who needs to be able to send and receive emails no matter where you are. Manage all your correspondence, contacts and appointments easily. Our webmail service allows you to enjoy all the possibilities of your GMX email account anywhere in the world. Additionally, it is safer than accessing your emails via mail client. Using GMX webmail, you are protected by powerful antivirus tools, and your mailbox remains clear thanks to our spam filter.